Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Chances Are?


So I was going to post this to my Hannah says section of the blog, but it is too long of a story, so here goes. Hannah's new favorite thing to do is read stories to herself. As a first grade teacher, (and a biased mother) I would have to say that she is really good at looking at the pictures and telling an accurate story based on what is going on in the picture. Anyway, her favorite books right now are the "If you give a mouse a cookie" series. Recently her story telling has sounded something like this... Once upon a time there was a princess, and "Chances are" she didn't like her stepmother. It really cracks me up that she inserts the "Chances are" line from her favorite books into each story. Anyway yesterday she was reading a book she has about turkeys and this is what she says... "If you give a turkey a waddle, chances are, she'll want a neck!"
Isn't she the most clever girl ever. I have to say that I couldn't stop laughing at her. I hope this gives you at least one thing to laugh about today!

2 comments:

The Teaching Mom and Wife said...

Kids always seem to pay more attention to things then we give them credit for. Cute story about Hannah

The Peterson's said...

That is fun!! I miss seeing you! How are things at the new school? Good Class? Life in General? email me petersonmandie@yahoo.com