Friday, March 7, 2008

Ugly Mermaid


Hannah really wanted a Little Mermaid birthday cake. Since I have never made a decorated cake before, I was a little bit nervous. I very quickly discovered that that the eyes were going to give me a ton of trouble. I ended up having to pull the frosting off of the eyes two different times. During one of these times, Hannah came in to check on my progress. She saw the two black gaping holes instead of eyes and said, "Mom, she's ugly!" She then went to play with her dad. She came back a little while later and passed by the cake saying, "Ugly Mermaid" kind of under her breath. I then lifted her up to show her that she had been fixed and she wasn't ugly anymore. When she saw the mermaid for the second time she said, "She's not ugly, she's beautiful!" I was really glad to learn that I am able to please a two year old (even if it's not at my first attempt!)

No comments: