Monday, April 7, 2008

What a Weekend!!

It has been quite an exciting weekend, and I am afraid that we might have overloaded ourselves. Regardless, it has been really good to just sit back and enjoy one another.
On Friday night we decided to take Hannah to her very first movie ever. I don't know why I have been a little leery of taking her, because it turned out that she was an absolute angel. We took her to see Horton Hears a Who which proved to be a great choice. Hannah was mesmerized by it all, and she hasn't stopped talking about it since. Chad and I were also very entertained. It was really well done and Jim Carrey never ceases to amaze us with all the different voices that he can do.



On Saturday, we helped Brett and Jaci move into their new apartment. It is a really nice place, and we were amazed at the amount of stuff they have accumulated over the last six months. After the move, we took Hannah in their hot tub (which was probably a bad decision since she has been asking to go back ever since).

On Sunday, we stayed at home and watched the first session of Conference which was wonderful. After that we packed our things and got ready to go to Grandma Greats for the traditional waffles and ice cream in between conference sessions. This was a tradition that was started by Rusty when he was bishop. It later turned into a Coombs tradition and we have carried it into the Broadhead side of the family. We had a great visit and again enjoyed another wonderful session of conference. I don't know how much Grandma got out of it, since she was distracted by Hannah almost the entire time. We then went over to Terrie and Bobbie's house to celebrate Grant's birthday. It has been really fun to be able to spend time with family that has always been so far away.

3 comments:

The Peterson's said...

I think it sounds like a great weekend! I am glad Hannah enjoyed the movie. Owen and I are worried about that after we have our little guy. Because we love the movie!!

The Hunzikers said...

I was wondering how the Horton hears a who was. I am always skeptical of books into movies. You are such a cute mom with such a cute family. I am glad you have a blog.

Laura T said...

I've heard such good things about that movie- glad to hear it got a good report from you too! Those waffles look amazing, and it sounds like you had a great weekend.