Tuesday, June 17, 2008

But I didn't get to ride the pink one!

Yesterday we took Hannah to Seven Peaks water park in Provo. I was a little leery of taking her because she is so little, but since we have been going to the Legacy Center this summer, she has gotten braver each time we go. She loves the water slide there so we thought why not. She absolutely loved it. As we drove up to the park she saw all the slides and the first thing she said is "I want to go on the pink one." Not because it looked fun to her but because it is pink and that is her only criteria. Well it turns out that she is too short to go on that particular slide, so it was a great disappointment to her. Multiple times throughout the day, she would ask again if she could go on the pink slide. Since then when anybody asks her about her trip to Seven Peaks the first thing she says is "I didn't get to go on the pink slide!"

It was a lot of fun to watch her get so excited about being there. As we walked up to go on the first slide, she looked at me and said,"Mom, this is going to be a great day! Thanks for bringing me here." I know, I know I have a really sweet little girl.
She loved going on the slides and wasn't afraid at all.

I was proud of how brave she was being. On one of our trips down a slide, when our tube went particularly high up the side of the slide, Hannah yelled out "I am flying like a bird!" It was so cute and I had to laugh out loud.

It was a day of many firsts for Hannah. Her first time to a water park, and she also tried cotton candy for the first time. I am still not sure which one she liked the best.

1 comment:

The Teaching Mom and Wife said...

Hey! I'm surprised we didn't see you there. We were there that afternoon as well but it was pretty crazy. Hope you are having a good summer.