Saturday, June 14, 2008

Keeping a 2 year old entertained!

So this will probably be the most random post so far. The last couple of days have been really fun and so I just thought I would share some pictures.


So for many of you out there who have two year olds, it is a never ending quest to find something to keep them occupied for longer than 5 minutes. For me I think I have found the trick. Last summer we bought Hannah a sandbox and put it together. However, we never put sand in it and it sat all year just being destroyed by the wonderful Utah weather. So a few weeks ago, chad sanded the whole thing and sealed it so that we could put sand in it. It has proven to be a fantastic purchase. Hannah will stay outside and play in the sandbox for hours. I can work in the house and she will just entertain herself.

Last night we went to Liberty Park with Brett and Jaci. It is such a cute little park and Hannah could stay there for hours. There is this little man-made stream that goes through the park that the kids love to play in.

Hannah of course was no exception. Being the type-A personality that Hannah is, she immediately started cleaning all the leaves out of the stream. Before we knew it, all of the kids playing were cleaning out the leaves. Brett saw this as an opportunity to see if the kids could outlast the current in the stream by throwing leaves upstream and watching the kids chase after them. The kids were having a great time and it was fun to watch Brett enjoying himself.

Hannah trying to catch the leaves.

"I got one mom!"

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

I miss talking to you everyday! Hannah is so cute you are going to have a great summer, I know it!