Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer Sewing

For those of you who know me, you know that I love to be creative. Most of the time that involves sewing things for my sweet Hannah. Since I don't have much time to sew during the school year, I always sew double time during the summer. For the past couple of years, I have been making Hannah some Twirly skirts. This year I found a pattern that I LOVE with a drop waist. I would give a tutorial on here but I am not very good at that so I will just attach the links that I found the patterns on. The first skirt is a drop waist twirly skirt. I got this pattern from a blog called Just Deanna. This skirt turned out so cute. I was a little unsure about the fabrics, because there is very little orange in the print fabric, but I just love it!

I loved it so much I decided I needed to make some hair accessories. I wish I could pull off a headband like that! The flower tutorial came from a blog called anniescupboards. The middle of the flower I just played around with. you could also just put a button in the middle.

So when this skirt turned out so cute, I had to make about 5 more right? They are all pretty much the same just different fun fabrics.


Again with the flower hairbows, this time with buttons


These hairbows didn't turn out like I wanted them to, but they are cute enough.

This pattern is a little different, it is called a three tiered skirt that I got off of kuky ideas. The tutorial is a little harder because it requires a little algebra. Very basic! The thing that is good about this one is that you can make it for any size child with a few measurements.

9 comments:

Nisha said...

I LOVE that headband! And the last skirt is my fav. It's all darling. You're the best mom!!

The Peterson's said...

Love it. Some day when I get my own Sewing Machine I want to be like you!!

devanddar said...

I want to, I want to!

usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
usha.digitalinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.