Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween Soup!

So I don't know about any of you, but Halloween is not really my favorite holiday. Since becoming a school teacher, I have learned that I'd better start liking it or just be miserable for the entire month of October. (since that is all first graders want to talk about as soon as it turns October). Anyway, so last week we were reading in our poetry books about Halloween Soup. As we were reading I suddenly got a great idea. We were going to make Halloween soup at school. So the first thing I did was have the kids help me make a shopping list (of course making lists is on the state core). And then I told them that I was going to go to the store and see if I could find all of the things that I needed. So the poem mentions things like chicken ears, lizard tongues, zebra toes, spider tails (I know spiders don't have tails), etc. My next job was a bit harder and that was finding candy that went along with each item in the poem. I have to say I didn't get everything, but most things. The funniest part of the whole thing was that I totally had my kids freaked out. That is all they wanted to talk about for the entire week. A couple of kids said that their moms wanted the reciepe, others said that they wern't allowed to eat it. It was hillarious. I have to admit that for a short moment I actually liked Halloween. It was fun!
Ingredients that I used



2 comments:

Nisha said...

That's so funny the kids said they couldn't eat it. Halloween is over soon!! Now get ready for them to talk about what they want for Christmas for two months!

The Peterson's said...

That is fun! I love the idea. Do y ou think I can do it with 6th graders!