Thursday, October 30, 2008

Strange things happen at night!!



So there are many members of the Coombs family that come alive at night, especially when they are young. (Not mentioning any names Uncle Terry) Anyway, since Hannah has always been a really good sleeper, I was hoping she wouldn't be one of those kids that got up in the middle of the night and did strange things. Well, I can officially say that Hannah falls into the category of things that go bump in the night.
Last night, I guess you could say early this morning, around 2:30 I woke up and Hannah's bedroom light was on. I yelled from my bed, Hannah what are you doing? To which she answered Mom, I need to play dress ups but I can't find my pink dress. I quickly got out of bed to talk to her. Of coarse she was wide awake and wanting to play. After a couple of minutes we reached a compromise where she could wear her pink dress up to bed.
I thought all was well and taken care of until about 4:15. Again I woke up to Hannah's light being on. When I looked up to see what was going on, I saw Hannah standing right next to my bed. This time she had not only her pink dress up on, but also her tiara, gloves, shoes and wand in hand. When I asked her what she was doing, she replied "I am waking you from the spell" Because I was so out of it, I said "What spell?" She calmly answered "Your sleeping spell, please give me a kiss!" This was just too much for me, I had to start laughing. Again I had to convince her that it was night time and not time to be playing. This time I wasn't as lucky and I couldn't convince her to take her tiara, or shoes off!

2 comments:

Jessa said...

Ha ha! That is so funny. Kids do the craziest things!

Nisha said...

That crazy girl!!!