Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I think she must take after her mother!!

So when I was little, I used to get lost everywhere; the mall, Sea World, you name it and I got lost there.  I even got lost at the Rose Parade in Pasadena when I was two years old.  I think when you are just as brilliant as I WAS (key word) you just have to explore your surroundings.  Well Hannah being brilliant herself started exploring her surroundings at the hospital today.  Chad and Hannah were visiting my dad at who just had back surgery and as they were getting ready to leave, Hannah took off and got lost.  Actually what she did was run down the hallway, push the elevator button, get on the elevator and down to the lobby all before Chad even got to the elevator.  In Chad's defense, he was trying to look after her and his grandma (who walks a little bit slower since breaking her femur); so he probably wasn't running as fast as he normally would to catch up with her.  

I don't know how long it was before they realized that she actually took the elevator and then made their way down to get her, but by the time they found her she was in the Security office and the hospital had called a code over the loudspeaker that is supposed to tell all hospital personnel to lock down the doors and not have anyone get out.  I guess it was pretty scary and I was glad that I wasn't there.
The best part was that later tonight I was trying to talk to her a little bit about what happened, and tell her that it was good that she found the security guard and told him her name, but I was also thinking I should teach her a little about strangers.  So I asked her what would she do if she was with the security guard and somebody she didn't know came up to them and told the security that they were her daddy.  She didn't quite get what I was saying, so I repeated the question wording it a little bit different; to which she responded, you mean like if a wolf tried to get me?  UHHH yea, cause there are wolves in the hospital!!  I guess maybe she's not so brilliant after all.  

No comments: