Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

So I am thinking that I am a little overwhelmed right now.  I feel like I have so much to do in the next week and not enough time to do it.  I know I am not the only person that feels like this right now, but I thought I would complain a little about it.  My major problem is that for some reason this time of year is my most creative time.   I don't know if any of you are like that as well.  I think of all of the fun things I want to make, either to decorate my house with, or as presents for my nieces or for Hannah.  This year my niece Maddison called me and asked me if I would make her a dress for her school talent show.  She is singing the Taylor Swift song called Love Story.  Her request was that I make her a dress like the one Taylor wears in her video.  Of course I couldn't tell her no.  So I head off to the fabric store and try to find a pattern and fabric that would easily replicate this dress (but for a 10 year old).  I was surprised that it was relatively easy.  Anyway, I had to alter the pattern a little bit, but I didn't take into account that I wouldn't need as much fabric.  Needless to say, I had about 3 yards of fabric left over after making the dress.  So what do I decide to do, but make my other niece Brooklynn and Hannah matching dresses out of the same fabric.  While it has been a ton of fun, I have been either teaching school or sewing for the last month or so.  Well all my work has paid off and I have three beautiful dresses to show for it.  Hannah was able to wear her dress to church on Sunday and she looked absolutely beautiful.  

7 comments:

Cindi said...

Such a pretty dress. I love the picture in your header!

The Peterson's said...

I like the dress! You do good work, Want to make me one?

Nisha said...

What can I do to help? (Besides crafts, of course :) I can make you some freezer meals :)

Kellybean said...

I am sorry you have so much to do. On a better note Hannah looks so pretty in her dress! You did such a good job. Did you ever find shoes to match?

devanddar said...

Ok, the picture in the header is beautiful! I love the new blog! It looks great. We will be there after Christmas, we can't wait to see you all!. It doesn't surprise me in the least that you took so much on this holiday, it is just typical you! See you soon! Devin

McMackin Family said...

Hi!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you found me!!! I love your blog! It's good to see you guys and what's going on in you life now. Hannah looks way too big!!!! I can't believe how fast they grow! It sounds like you really like it up in Utah! If you don't have my email it's emcmackin@cox.net. After you read this delete it just in case any crazy people read your blog so they don't have my email :)

Jessa said...

I love the new look on your blog, what did Nisha do? Those dresses are great! Lets get together again in January to scrapbook!