Monday, April 6, 2009

My poor little girl

On Saturday night Hannah got sick all of a sudden.  She was totally fine, playing with her friend Maylee and then on our way home she started throwing up.  I was totally shocked.  Well she just kept getting worse and worse throughout the night and the next day.  On Sunday during conference all she did was lay on my lap and sleep.  She was anything but my full of life little girl that bounces off the walls.  Starting about 7:00 she started throwing up blood and so of course we took her straight to the ER.  It was there that she had her first experience with needles and the dreaded IV.  They pumped her full of fluid and then sent us on our way.  This morning I reluctantly left for work only to have Chad call me around 12:00.  He felt like we needed to take her back to the ER.  We again were on our way.  As soon as we got there, she started screaming "No, not this place"  I felt so bad for her.  It was a totally miserable experience for all of us.  Today they ended up sending us home again, with some anti-nausea medicine and they left the IV in her arm.  This is just a precaution so that if they need to rehydrate her tomorrow, they don't have to stick her again.  She has been so brave throughout everything.  She is so amazing and so strong.  


She is going to hate me for putting taking these pictures when she gets older

3 comments:

Nisha said...

This is so sad! I hope today is better! Let me know if you guys need anything. We should be around today.

devanddar said...

I'm so sorry Jodi! I can sympathize with the horror of the ER with a child. You three will be in our prayers. We hope she gets better really quickly.

jenyal said...

Jodi I hope your little one feels better soon.
love ya