Thursday, May 14, 2009

Total Slacker

So I think it has officially been too long since I have posted.  There have been several things that I wanted to post about over the last week or so, but I just get so busy and don't get a chance to do it.  

Last week we started our May Theme Days at school.  It is my absolute favorite time of the school year.  By this time of the year, we have taught about everything there is to teach in the first grade, so for the month of May we do a lot of review.  For these four weeks we have a different theme for each day.  My personal favorites are Dinosaur Day, Experiment Day, and Origami Day.  For me it really gives me an opportunity to sit back and  really enjoy my kids before they go.  I love it.  

Last week was also Chad's birthday!  He is the bit 34!  It is hard to believe (and I am just a little bit behind him).  We were able to celebrate a couple of different days last week.  On Thursday (the day of his birthday) we went to see Wolverine.  Before we went I was kind of complaining to my friend Nisha because it wouldn't have been my pick.  She reassured me that at least Hugh Jackman would probably be shirtless, so there would be some consolation.  Turns out Hugh Jackman is both shirtless and bottomless there for a couple of minutes of the movie.  So it ended up being more of a consolation than I thought.  Seriously though it was a good movie and I was sufficiently entertained.  Then on Saturday night I was able to surprise Chad with a dinner out with some friends.  I hardly ever get to surprise him because he is such a planner, but it worked out perfect and we all had a great time.  
I am sure there has been more to talk about, but I have a pretty short attention span right now!!


2 comments:

The Peterson's said...

Yay for may theme days! I loved them too! We don't do that in 6th grade I am teaching up to the day before the last day! Crazy! Thanks for listen to me the other day!

devanddar said...

Happy Birthday Chad! My brain has been in "off" for about 4 weeks now. Glad you had a great day! Devin