Sunday, May 3, 2009

Women's Conference


This last weekend I had the opportunity to go to Women's Conference at BYU.  It was fabulous.  I's always amazing to me that I never realize how out of shape I am spiritually until I go to something like that.  It totally fires me up.  I was grateful to be able to spend a couple of days with my mother-in-law Vicki.  We always have a wonderful time together.  She is such an example to me.  Just being around her makes me want to be a better person.  I am also grateful that Chad stayed home with Hannah for two days.  He is such a wonderful father, and she loves being with him.  And I couldn't have gone without my very favorite sub Chris for taking my class for two days.  She is wonderful with them and I appreciate all she does.  

The classes seemed to be just what I needed (like always) and I am determined to stand a little taller and do a little more to uplift myself, and those around me through my testimony.  I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and is mindful of my needs as well as the needs of my family.  I know that I can find strength and refuge through the atonement of Christ.  And I know that I although I have not been the most diligent disciple, I can improve and make choices that allow myself to become perfected in Him.

3 comments:

Nisha said...

Sounds like a great conference! We started talking about going to Bear Lake about a week ago but didn't decide for sure until Thursday. My dad was out of town for the weekend and my mom didn't want to deal with my lil bro by herself!

devanddar said...

That sounds like something that I need! I'll just have to take strength vicariously through you! I'm glas you had a great time.

The Peterson's said...

It is always nice to have those times to reflect. I am glad that you had a good time!