Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bubble Day

Well it is the end of the school year and I like the students am ready for a break. Since grades are due this Friday, and I have most of my testing finished, for the rest of the year we are having theme days. Technically what this means is that each day we have a different theme and all of our activities for that day are centered around that theme. What theme days really means is that the kids are wild and out of control, and I need to remind myself to allow them to have a little bit of fun. On Friday we had Bubble Day, and it truly was a lot of fun. When my kids came into the classroom in the morning, I had Hannah's bubble machine going and they loved it. Later in the day, we went outside to blow bubbles. Now before you go on thinking that there is absolutely no learning going on, there was a worksheet that they had to work on in connection with going out and blowing bubbles. If I remember right they had to observe the bubbles and then do a writing about what they saw. Not a very strong connection, but hey it gets them to write.

1 comment:

The Peterson's said...

I am missing all the fun days! I did all the work with no fun. It is weird to me to think you are still working. I have the mind set now of summer break. Good Luck until I come back!