Friday, June 5, 2009

Her

When I was a little girl I had an imaginary friend named Alice.  Apparently I was totally into her and would even make my parents set a place at the table for her.  For the last year or so, my mom has been telling me that she thinks Hannah will develop an imaginary friend too.  Well last week she did.  One day when Chad and Hannah came to pick me up from school they were a little bit late.  Chad said they couldn't get out the door because Hannah was throwing a fit that he wouldn't pack an extra pair of clothes for Her.  I was totally clueless, Who was Her?  Should I even ask?  Apparently Her is Hannah's imaginary friend.  She has since gone back and forth with calling her Her and my Friend.  We have tried over and over to get Hannah to give Her a name, but she insists that her name is Her.  This makes it really hard for the school teacher in me to hear sentences like "Her's not ready to go now."  or "Her's got some money so Her's going to buy it for me."

Here are some things we know about Her
*She has black skin (under her white skin)
*She is 3 years old, but she is really big almost a grown up
*She has golden hair
*She has blue eyes
*She likes to go swimming everyday
*She doesn't like to go to bed
*She wears green pants and a pink tank top
*She is Hannah's best playmate and spends more time at our house than at her own
*She lives in Lehi
I think it is all so very cute, and I love to hear stories about Her.  If any of you have stories of your own children having imaginary friends, please share.  I would love to hear them.

2 comments:

Nisha said...

I'm glad "Her" didn't come to the carnival so Sophie could sit by Hannah ;)

The Peterson's said...

I never had one but that is really cute!