Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I know I have plenty of time but...

So Hannah's birthday is coming up (in a couple of months) and I know I have plenty of time, but I get so excited about her birthday.  She has also been really excited about it and talks about it everyday.  I am however, running into a snag and need a little help.  First of all Hannah told us she wanted a Batman Birthday party.  Strange I know.  Anyway, I have been searching everywhere for a Batman cake pan.  Come to find out the last time they made a Batman cake pan was in the 80's which is now considered vintage.  I know it freaked me out too.  In order to buy a vintage cake pan you have to be willing to spend $60.00 which I am not!  After a couple of weeks of searching online, Hannah tells me she wants a princess party.  Not just any princess party, but a Sleeping Beauty party.  Great!! I can do that.  Well, come to find out they don't make Sleeping Beauty Cake pans at all!!  So what is this child trying to do, give me an ulcer when she's only three.  I know I shouldn't be so worried about a three year olds birthday party, but that is just me.  I love birthdays!!  So if any of you out there come across anything by way of Batman or Sleeping Beauty, just let me know.  
Here is one thing that I found which I think is absolutely adorable, but it just comes with the castle pieces, not even the round cake pans.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

You are right Jodi, that castle cake looks really cute. I don't know how expensive those round cake pans are though. They look like the wedding ones.

The Peterson's said...

Good Luck! I too am excited about birthdays and have been planning Cairo for a couple of months now and I still have a couple to go. You are an amazing mom!

Christina said...

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50200

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50113

see if any of these work for you.

jenyal said...

Hey Jodi,

You could find a Sleeping Beauty Barbie Doll cake. My grandma made them for us girls when we were little. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Barbie-Doll-Cake/Detail.aspx