Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just a little brag

So I have to just take one post to brag about my extremely intelligent, highly advanced little Hannah. So the other night we were reading a story before bedtime. The book is called the Digginest Dog. For some of you that will really take you back for others of you, you are probably thinking WHAT!
Anyway there are a bunch of dogs in this book, but only one of them has a name. After reading the story through one time Hannah decides she is going to read it to me. So she proceeds to do a nice little picture walk telling me what is happening on each page (advanced I know, but it gets better). So when she gets to the page with all the dogs on it, she says "Mom, let's give all the dogs a name!" Ok, that sounds like fun. She proceeds to name all the other dogs based on what they look like i.e. Tiny, Blackie, Whitie, Wolf Dog, Footprint, etc. One of the dogs had spots all over and she said, "Mom I think we should call him Spotty, because he is spotty on his body." Then she says "Spotty and body, they are rhyming words aren't they?" Then she proceeds to add many other words to her list of rhyming words. I had to laugh out loud because it just caught me off guard, and made me really proud. She is such a smart little girl, and my mom reminds me everyday that I am going to have my hands full with her.

1 comment:

Nisha said...

I was just waiting for you to say that Hannah told you digging-est isn't a word or something like that. She is a cute little smart cookie!