Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Funny Little Girl

The past couple of days have been really nice around our house.  Monday was a professional development day, which means that the kids didn't come to school, but the teachers had meetings all day.  And then yesterday, I took a personal day to go to the doctor and get myself ready for parent teacher conferences.  It seems like with the weekend and then a more relaxing start to my week has given me a lot more time to be home with my family.  They are so fun, and I realized how much I miss them during the day.

So Monday night for Family Home Evening we had a lesson out of the Friend magazine.  We were talking about Heavenly Father creating the world for us and all the beautiful things that we get to enjoy.  We started off the lesson by telling Hannah that there was a time when she  lived with Heavenly Father and Jesus.  We asked her if she knew when.  She answered by saying "Um... I think it was in July!  What a funny girl. (she is obsessed with time right now, months, days, hours, etc.  I think it's because she is always asking when her birthday is!)  Anyway, we informed her that she lived with Heavenly Father before she lived with mommy and daddy.  She then responded by saying "Was it after I lived with Grandma and Grampy?"  Again, we both just had to laugh.  What a funny girl!
The rest of the Family Home Evening went great and the lesson we all learned was two fold.  
1.  Don't ever live with your parents after marriage
2.  Family Home Evening is so important and kids are never too young to learn!

1 comment:

Nisha said...

We missed you yesterday :( but glad you've had lots of family fun! Did Hannah fall in love with the library? Did they have Expecting Adam?