Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Little Embarassed!!!

So Hannah has been a little obsessed lately about when she was a baby.  She asks about it all the time, questions like "When I was a baby did I have teeth?" or "When I was in your tummy did I drink apple juice?"  Fun little questions that are so cute you wish you could remember them all.  



Well apparently the other day she was feeding her baby doll and asked Chad if she drank milk or apple juice in her bottle when she was a baby.  True to form, he didn't just give her a simple answer, he explained everything to her (like she was an adult) and told her about breastfeeding and getting milk from your mommy!  Ok fair enough, but I say warn me that you have had that talk with her.  So last night after parent teacher conferences, Chad and Hannah came to pick me up from school. (we still only have one car, but that is another story!)  Hannah and I walked to the teacher's lounge to see if there was any more dessert in there and we ran into my principal.  After a while of talking, he started showing us pictures of his baby daughter.  Hannah just looks up at him and says "When I was a baby, I drank milk from mommy's boobs!!!"  At that point I just wanted to die.  I guess in situations like these you just have to laugh and be grateful that your sweet little two year old is so inquisitive, bright, and can remember EVERYTHING!!!

5 comments:

Nisha said...

That's hilarious!

The Peterson's said...

So funny! That what little one are for!

raising4boys said...

Such a cute baby picture of Hannah!! Too funny :) But at least you could look at the positive and think how inquisitive and bright she is. It is crazy how kids remember EVERYTHING! or at the stuff they want to.

I'm sure the principle knows that kids will be kids, and he probably got a good laugh out of it too.

Christina said...

Cute! I love how she is crazy about babies. Shelby hardly will touch one. I remember when I just had Sydney, Shelby would take her baby and pull up her shirt to try and nurse.

McMackin Family said...

LOVE that story!! Thanks for a great laugh!!