Monday, March 2, 2009

What a wonderful weekend

This weekend was really long, but really fun for us. It turned out to be all about Hannah's birthday, and we loved every minute of it. Here's how it went down
Friday Night
I got home from school and got Hannah ready to go and get her pictures taken at JCPenny. The pictures turned out so cute, and I can't wait to share them with all of you. I get to pick them up on Saturday. After pictures we took Hannah to the Tomato place for dinner. (This is really Souplantation) She loves this place and has been asking for the last month to go. We had a great time, and when we got home at 10:00, it was time to start making the cakes.
Ok before I go on, the cake I decided to make turned out to be a beast. It was so time consuming, but it turned out beautiful.
So I ended up buying 4 cake mixes to make this cake. The bottom layer of the cake was actually two 12" round cakes. Each of these took one whole cake mix to make. The top layer was two 6" round cakes. I made both of these in addition to 24 cupcakes. This again took 2 cake mixes. The very last cake that I made was one of the 12" cakes. It was really late and I took it out of the oven too soon. Needless to say when I came to look at it, it was all sunken in the middle. At this point it was 1:00am and there was nothing I could do, so I went to bed.
Saturday
I woke up at 6:00 to head to the store and buy another cake mix. I got home and finished the cake without any more glitches. Well then it was time to make the icing. I soon realized that I hadn't taken any butter out of the freezer to thaw out, so I put it in the microwave to defrost. I made a double batch of icing and soon found out that wasn't enough to ice the cake and the cupcakes. So I put some more butter in the microwave to defrost. Well instead of defrost I just put it on regular heat for 2 minutes. Needless to say there was a pool of butter in my microwave. AHHHHHH!
The kids were supposed to arrive at our house at 10:30 for the party, and by some miracle I was able to get everything done before they got there.
The party was a lot of fun and the kids were so cute!





Saturday Afternoon
When the kids all left I was so exhausted that I had to take a nap. One of Hannah's little friends Maylee stayed to play (May is 6). I told Chad to look after the girls while i took a nap. When I woke up about 2 hours later, Chad was laying next to me and the girls were downstairs by themselves. I went down to check on them, and the house was a disaster. I don't know how many cupcakes they both had, but they were gone!! AHHHHHH!!
There was a present from Grammy on a shelf in the living room that were were saving for the next day, which was opened and all over the floor. When I asked Hannah why she opened it and how did she even know it was for her she said "Well I asked Maylee what the card said and she said To Hannah Love Grammy, so I knew it was for me." Fair enough.
The rest of the night included me trying to clean up and finishing the cake for our family party the next day.
Sunday
We had a wonderful family party that consisted of my parents, Jaci and Brett, Grandma and Grandpa Great, my aunt Billie and our friends Nisha and Adam. We had a good meal and great cake. (I have to admit it was hard to actually cut into it).
All in all it was a great weekend, busy, but great

4 comments:

Betty's Blessings said...

I think you missed your calling, the cake is absoluetly beautiful. Congratulations to Hannah on her 3rd Birthday. Betty Broadhead

The Peterson's said...

That castle is amazing! You do so much, You are amazing! Happy B-day Hannah!

Jared and Christine said...

You made that?!?!? I wouldn't even know where to start if I was to make a cake like that! Good job mom!!
Happy Birthday Hannah!

Jessa said...

The party looked fun, again sorry we missed it :( Thanks for coming over to play yesterday!