Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Is it Tryable?


Tonight for dinner we are having one of the most nutritious dinners in the world.  It consists of hamburgers, corn on the cob, and fresh pineapple.  So I was cutting the pineapple and Hannah comes in to help me.  She immediately comments that she doesn't like pineapple because it is spicy and it has holes in it (I am assuming the pits are the holes).  I then told her that she needed to try it before she decides she doesn't like it.  About 10 seconds or so after I give her a piece, I look at her and she is just staring at it.  This is how the rest of our conversation goes...

Me:  What are you doing?
Hannah:  I am deciding if it is tryable.
Me:  Well, you know what I think about that don't you?
Hannah:  I have to try it at least once, right?
Me:  Yes
A couple seconds later
Hannah:  You know mom, I have tried it once.
Me:  You have!
Hannah:  Yeah, Once upon a dream (think of your most dramatic princess voice you can and that is the one she used)
While I was still processing and trying to keep myself from laughing, she does try the pineapple to which I ask her how she liked it.
Her response was "I think it is very tryable mom!  I really like it!"
What I want to know, is do we really have to have all the drama just to try a piece of pineapple?

2 comments:

Nisha said...

Isn't that what every real princess is about - DRAMA?!?!?! That's a funny conversation!

The Peterson's said...

of course you do! She is a real princess!